Some people will ask me, “Why do you love K-Pop, when you don’t even understand what they are singing?”
Why do I love them? Why do many teenagers nowadays love them? Why do most of them are into K-Pop? Why? What’s the main reason? Why is K-Pop so influential? Is it only the looks?
K-Pop or Korean-Pop is a musical genre consisting of a wide variety of audio elements originated from South Korea. K-Pop has already grown popular among teenagers and young adults throughout in Asia because of the internet and the use of social media. Many people nowadays enjoy K-Pop even though they don’t understand the whole music. They are not only into the music but also in the choreography. The best example here is the Gangnam Style released on July 15,2012 by Korean Rapper, Psy. The Gangnam Style gain billion of views in Youtube and achieved an international recognition. As a result, it has massively influenced worldwide popular culture in many aspects.
Here’s the Top 5 reasons why many teenagers & young adults love K-Pop.
1. Addictive Melodies — K-Pop have extra-ordinary and unique melodies in their music. Their music is appealing to listen and instantly stuck in your head that when you hear them you suddenly turn into an alien because you’ll really try hard to sing the lyrics like ‘erirong erirong erirong dae’. Lmao
2. Choreography — Their choreography is where K-Pop artists are completely dominating. They perform routines that are so complicated and challenging. Also, their choreography is so insane that needs an amount of hard work, practice and skill, but K-Pop artists are well-known for performing such routines especially in live, proving that they are truly skilled professional artists. How they do it? Unlike western artists who often grow famous in a short period of time, K-Pop artists are trained and mentored by their managers or agents for years before recording their first song. They spent intensive training and practice less than or more than a year to make them an ultimate performer by the time they will debut.
3. Fashion//Costume — K-pop idols brings a new level of concept in fashion. Their outfits and styles are quirky yet fashionable (because they know how to handle). Sometimes their stylists try to bring the unique aspect over the top which can lead to strange and bizarre outfits, that would most certainly be look upon in a strange way if you wore it in public. But K-Pop stars are not ashamed of making a splash on their outfits and have a unique way of interpreting the current trends.
4. Looks//Personality — This is what I truly admire in a K-Pop stars, they are down-to-earth. They really give importance to their fans in such way you will fall for them over and over again. Their funny, witty and charming personality will make you go crazy over them. Looks? it’s too obvious. K-Pop idols have an eye-popping and alluring looks that will make you drool (not mentioning the 6 pack abs..aye!) every time you see them in a video, stolen shots, magazine posts or airport pictures. They are so kyeopta that you can’t even pick one of them as your bias. lmao
PS: If you’re an iGOT7 try to watch their short K-Series entitled Dream Knight (you will also fall for their character’s personality. Go JB! Qt Bambam) or try to watch their Got2Day series in YouTube to let you know how crazy and funny they are.
If you’re an EXO-L try to watch their EXO-Showtime (to throwback the days when they are still OT12 so sad. huhu) but still try to watch it and you’ll know their personalities.
If you’re an ARMY go watch their Bangtan Bomb. (I didn’t finished their episode for some reason huhu, but I’ll watch it anyway)
5. Open to a New Culture— Due to the influence of K-Pop, many teenagers, especially a K-Pop fan or a K-Series fan wants to go to Seoul, South Korea or any other part of South Korea. K-Pop is one way of the Korean idols to appreciate and promote their culture. We, as a fan, open our perspective to a know and learn a different culture.
For me, the real reason why I love K-Pop aside from the list above, is that K-Pop makes me feel good. Their music gives serenity and also they bring back the hype-mode inside of me. I want to thank my biases for saving me in my every day depression, through their music, I want to be alive and I want to enjoy every moment of my life as I take them with me in my journey. No matter what will happen, I will always be a K-Pop fan and I will support them until my last breathe. Aja aja Fighting! 🙂
I asks some of my co-KPop fan and here’s their reason why they love K-Pop?
Jan Generao Gutierrez –i love kpop esp BTS, becoz everytime I see them sumasaya ang araw ko and esp magagaling silang sumayaw and syempre feeling ko complete na ang araw ko makita kolang sila😄 I hope someday Makita kona sila in real! (trans: I love K-Pop especially BTS because every time I see them they made my day happy, they are good in dancing and they complete my day. I hope someday I can meet them.
Marian Irish Villacarlos Estrada: K-Pop is very unique for me compare to others.
Rensie Estanislao Caringal: I started with jpop.. but I don’t know how hell happened and start listening to kpop songs especially EXO because my friend in Cambodia talks about it all the time while chatting with each other.
Angelika Presenta Malinao: I Love kpop coz the 1st time I dance in public is the step of War of hormone by BTS
Jowela de los Santos: Everytime i saw kpop video or picture i was just like a little child who received a gift from my mother or father or someone who’s very special to me.i was like a crazy girl whos always scream when i see a kpop news or picture,some of my friends told me.why do you love kpop so much,even if you dont understand what they said.why are u still love them,well i just say to them that its just my choice,no matter what i dont understand their language,i’d still feel their emotion through their songs^^and the most important why i love kpop so much is bcoz they make me feel happy everyday.
Estefany Ramos: kpop makes me feel im dancing and i love that feeling
Joyce Palmares: I love KPOP because it leads me into the world of being a socialize person. Hanging out with my co-fandoms really enjoys me.